Covering Letters and Emails
A covering letter or email is really important as it is likely to provide any potential employer with their first impression of you. It is also a useful tool to summarise your skills and motivations.
Here are some tips and examples to help you….
• Your address goes in the top right hand corner.
• The company address goes to the left hand side.
• If you have a named contact, use Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms and end Yours sincerely.
• If you do not have a named contact, use Dear Sir/Madam and end Yours faithfully.
• Always state where you saw the vacancy i.e website, newspaper etc
• Do not repeat everything in your CV, pick out the most relevant points in relation to your experience, skills and qualities
• Always put a date on the letter.
Please click here for an EXAMPLE COVERING LETTER
Please click here for some example covering emails.
For a printable version of this page please click here.